Hazlewood ready to fire with an eye on the Ashes

CRICKET faces its greatest crisis but the future has not lost its radiance just yet, judging by the enthusiasm of NSW paceman Josh Hazlewood, who wore a broad grin as he thought about making his first trip to India as part of Australia's Test squad.

At 19, Hazlewood is hardly immune to fantasy and cannot help but think this latest step in his career could deliver an Ashes Test later this year. ''I hadn't thought too far ahead but [I'm] definitely [thinking about the Ashes] now I'm in the Test squad, obviously there's quicks coming back but if I get a chance I'll put my name forward,'' he said.

I was very excited, a little bit shocked but it was in the back of my mind … I've got my full mind on it now. I haven't been to India, believe it or not I've been to Pakistan and played a few games there with the under-19s, India will be a first for me.

''I have just kept improving my strength and fitness, I'm definitely in the best shape I can be at the moment, I'm feeling very strong in my bowling action.''

No comments:

Post a Comment