All-rounder set to deliver a $20m brilliant new career


HE IS set to become a multimillion- dollar global money-spinning machine, and cricket will be just a minuscule part of Test international Brett Lee's wide-ranging empire.

Insiders say the fast bowler, who has just signed with the Nine Network, could earn $20 million in the next six to seven years from his Indian ventures spanning a clothing line, modelling, a television deal and Bollywood roles. His new band, White Shoe Theory, has eight Indian gigs lined up and he hopes to get back into the international cricket team for the 2011 World Cup.

''He has the earning potential of $20 million in the next six to seven years,'' Lee's manager Neil Maxwell says of his career in India.

Yet cricket hasn't finished.

''I want to play for Australia again - my goal is to get to the 2011 World Cup playing for Australia, so if I can tick that box, I might move on,'' he says. ''But if for some reason, through injury or something, I can't get back, then, OK, I'll be disappointed but it won't be the end of the world because I'll have so many other things waiting to happen.

''I never feel more at peace than when I am driving down to the farm. It's the only time I ever wind down,'' he says, appearing at peace for about two seconds before heading off for a two-hour gym session.

No comments:

Post a Comment